Help us power sustainable mobility.
As a Senior Test-Bed Engineer you will belong to the Lab and Workshop group specialising in ICE Dynamic, Emission & Climate Testing, which is part of our R&D department. The team consists of 12 engineers and is responsible for the dynamic combustion engine test-beds where we simulate drive cycles of a complete vehicle in controlled-climate conditions.
There are unlimited possibilities at Aurobay for collaborative people who are ready to make the difference. We are re-imagining motion for a brighter future. Exploring how to push our environmental impact towards zero.
What will you do?
More and more of our engine and powertrain testing has moved from vehicle into test-bed environments. This reduces cost, increases development speed, improves testing repeatability and minimizes the environmental impact by reducing the number of tests needed. Therefore, it is essential to have capable and robust test-beds with high up-time to be able to produce measurement data 24 hours a day.
As a Senior Test-Bed Engineer, you will contribute to this by securing good functionality and robustness of the testbed SW & HW system design. This includes the test-bed automation system, the associated measuring equipment, and the final data delivery. The challenges will vary from early test code and SW development, data post processing to late stage, hands-on fault tracing directly in the test-bed environment.
In this assignment the primary focus will be the dynamic test-bed systems. But most of the systems in the test-beds are similar, or the same, so solutions derived here can be used in the other test-bed collectives as well.
Do you fit the profile?
- Continuous improvement of test-bed system design.
- Responsible for quality assurance of the test system and test data delivery.
- Involved in strategy work regarding system solutions for new investments in HW & SW.
- Document system designs and methods.
- MSc or BSc in Automation, Mechatronics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of various test-bed systems such as HiL (dspace, Simulink), INCA, Indicom, Orion, PUMA, Comtest, PATools.
- Deep knowledge of data-handling systems capable of processing large quantities of data.
- Deep knowledge of SW development/programming.
- Deep knowledge of communication protocols such as ASAP3, CAN, Ethercat, RS232, TCP/IP etc.
- Prior experience in engine calibration and test-bed operation with associated equipment.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Team player with strong communications skills.
- A holistic view and delivery focus.
- Able to work independently and take on required actions on own initiative.
- A fast learner willing to share knowledge with others.
- Analytical mind with a sense of order.
- A genuine interest in technology.
To flourish at Aurobay you are a caring, collaborative person with a global mindset, and a passion for innovation and a drive to create excellence.
We encourage diversity and believe that the different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives our people bring make us stronger as a company.
How to apply
For questions regarding the position please contact Hiring Manager
Magnus Karlsson: email@example.com
For questions regarding the recruitment process please contact Recruiter
Felicia Eriksson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application should include your CV and cover letter, written in English. We will continuously evaluate candidates before deadline, so please send in your application as soon as possible.
Please note that due to GDPR we can’t handle applications via email.
We welcome your application by 7th of June 2022 at the latest.
Aurobay develops and manufactures world-class powertrain solutions for a global market. A pioneering venture that brings together Volvo Cars’ powertrain business with Geely, Aurobay is the brand name for Powertrain Engineering Sweden AB. With a heritage of more than 100 years of continuous powertrain innovation, our 2,900 employees in Sweden and China work across engine production, R&D and sales.